VBox guest additions: 3/4 term report
New status report: major feature dropped; bugs fixed; did some screen research.
At the start of the third term, it was pointed out to me that Haiku does not actually support hardware 3D acceleration, and to add it would be a larger project than I have the time (or knowledge) for. Therefore, I’ve had to drop host-accelerated OpenGL from the planned features. I’m somewhat annoyed by this, but looking back it was probably a bit too ambitious anyway, and I’m not convinced I could have finished it in time.
As a result of this quite large decrease in scope, I decided to mentally revise the timeline and spend most of my coding time in the third quarter fixing some of the annoying bugs that had been following me around for a while:
- Icons can now be dragged around without having to disable MPI first.
- VBoxService no longer implodes on exit.
- vboxsf no longer refuses to load on hosts that are running VBox 3 (but symlinks will not work properly as VBox 3 didn't support them).
This leaves screen resizing, which will be my primary focus in these last few weeks, followed by a bit of cleanup and finally sending a patch off to the VBox people.
- GSOC 2021:Progress Report of Improvements to clang-format
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 3: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - June 2021
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Modernizing Cardie (Caya)
- GSoC 2021: XFS support progress update
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Translation Work Needed in Preparation for Beta 3
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Modernizing Caya
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - May 2021