Google Code In Wrap Up Report
We had 30 coding related tasks completed. There were also tasks for Testing (32), Outreach(10), Documentation (13), Research(25), Training(1) and User Interface(11). Of the coding tasks, many were to fix bugs in Haiku or HaikuPorts. We also had a couple of tasks completed for writing a screensaver for Haiku. You might have noticed these, as they are now included with Haiku, “Butterfly” and “Leaves”.
Some of the research, testing and documentation tasks produced some sets of data that we will be able to put together some data packages to allow for users to test Haiku better. Others were for articles that have already been posted to the web site or will be soon. A couple of the user interface / research tasks provided mock ups of how the wireless network preferences and the package manager might look like.
All in all the Google Code In was a fun and exciting project for Haiku. We gained a lot of young fresh eyes, some of which were using Haiku for the first time. Hopefully many of them will stick around and perhaps some of them we’ll see again, either in a future GCI or GSoC or as new regular contributors.
- Haiku field trip report - January 2020
- Google Code-in 2019 finished
- No, I'm not Haiku's lead developer
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2019
- Haiku almost-monthly activity report - October and November 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition