NVMe Driver Now Available
What is NVMe? For those not keeping up with the latest advances in tech, NVMe is a M.2 form-factor flash-based storage device which attaches directly to the system’s PCI Express bus. These flash devices are present in modern desktops and laptops and offer transfer speeds of several GiB/s.
These devices now show up in /dev/disk/nvme/ and are fully useable by Haiku.
I’ve personally tested my Samsung 950 Pro and seen raw read speeds up to 1.4GiB/s.
Give our NVMe driver a test and let us know your own results!
(Standard disclaimer that while we haven’t seen any dataloss, this is a brand new driver, and write support especially has not been tested extensively. Always have backups.)
- GSOC 2021:Progress Report of Improvements to clang-format
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 3: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - June 2021
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Modernizing Cardie (Caya)
- GSoC 2021: XFS support progress update
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 2: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Translation Work Needed in Preparation for Beta 3
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Modernizing Caya
- GSoC 2021 Progress Update 1: Coding style checker bot for Gerrit
- Haiku activity report - May 2021