NVMe Driver Now Available
What is NVMe? For those not keeping up with the latest advances in tech, NVMe is a M.2 form-factor flash-based storage device which attaches directly to the system’s PCI Express bus. These flash devices are present in modern desktops and laptops and offer transfer speeds of several GiB/s.
These devices now show up in /dev/disk/nvme/ and are fully useable by Haiku.
I’ve personally tested my Samsung 950 Pro and seen raw read speeds up to 1.4GiB/s.
Give our NVMe driver a test and let us know your own results!
(Standard disclaimer that while we haven’t seen any dataloss, this is a brand new driver, and write support especially has not been tested extensively. Always have backups.)
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition
- new PVS studio scan
- Coding week 4,5,6
- [GSoc 2019] Weeks #4, #5 and #6 progress report
- Haiku monthly activity report - 06/2019
- Coding week no 2 and 3
- [GSoC 2019] Weeks #1, #2 and #3 progress reports
- Haiku monthly activity report, May 2019