NVMe Driver Now Available
What is NVMe? For those not keeping up with the latest advances in tech, NVMe is a M.2 form-factor flash-based storage device which attaches directly to the system’s PCI Express bus. These flash devices are present in modern desktops and laptops and offer transfer speeds of several GiB/s.
These devices now show up in /dev/disk/nvme/ and are fully useable by Haiku.
I’ve personally tested my Samsung 950 Pro and seen raw read speeds up to 1.4GiB/s.
Give our NVMe driver a test and let us know your own results!
(Standard disclaimer that while we haven’t seen any dataloss, this is a brand new driver, and write support especially has not been tested extensively. Always have backups.)
- Mid Community Bonding--Progress
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019
- [GSoC 2019] Improving the btrfs filesystem
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03 and 04/2019
- NVMe Driver Now Available
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018