NVMe Driver Now Available
What is NVMe? For those not keeping up with the latest advances in tech, NVMe is a M.2 form-factor flash-based storage device which attaches directly to the system's PCI Express bus. These flash devices are present in modern desktops and laptops and offer transfer speeds of several GiB/s.
These devices now show up in /dev/disk/nvme/ and are fully useable by Haiku.
I've personally tested my Samsung 950 Pro and seen raw read speeds up to 1.4GiB/s.
Give our NVMe driver a test and let us know your own results!
(Standard disclaimer that while we haven't seen any dataloss, this is a brand new driver, and write support especially has not been tested extensively. Always have backups.)
- Haiku field trip report - January 2020
- Google Code-in 2019 finished
- No, I'm not Haiku's lead developer
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2019
- Haiku almost-monthly activity report - October and November 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2019
- Node.js now available in Haiku
- Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019
- GSOC 2019 Final Report
- Haiku Activity Report: Performance Edition