- JDLL 2016
- Streaming Support And MediaKit Development - Weekly (?) Report #4
- Streaming Support And MediaKit Development - Weekly Report #3
- Streaming Support And MediaKit Development - Weekly Report #2
- Streaming Support And MediaKit Development - Weekly Report #1
- Haiku monthly(?) activity report - Jan/Feb 2016
- Back from FOSDEM 2016
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2015
- Capitole^W Bazar du Libre 2015
- A short report of BeGeistert 029
Raising funds for Haiku through Goodsearch
Last month on the [haiku-inc] mailing list, Arman "Kulluminatii" Chahal suggested adding Haiku to Goodsearch. "What is Goodsearch?", you may ask. It's a Yahoo! powered search engine that will donate money (about a penny) to your favorite non-profit or school. They provide other ways to help earn money -- shopping online, participating in online surveys, completing special offers and more! This past week, the registration process completed and Haiku is now a participating non profit!
To choose Haiku as your cause,
- Go to goodsearch's homepage
- Click the "Choose a cause" button
- Enter "Haiku" in the search box.
- Select "Haiku (Saddle Brook, NJ)"
Alternatively, you can simply bookmark http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=949749
Currently, WebPositive is hard-coded to use Google when performing a search query from the URL bar. Until a user-defined setting is implemented, the easiest way is simply to set goodsearch as the start page, navigate to it and perform your search.
To set WebPositive's homepage,
- Go to Window and select Settings
- Paste http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=949749 as the Start page and click Apply.
Overall, this is another way each of us can collectively chip in and help raise secure additional funding for HAIKU. Thank you for the suggestion, Kulluminatii!