[GSoC 2017] Preferences GUI Refactoring - Weekly Report 4
It’s been almost 3 weeks since my last update. The first evaluation was complete, I’d like to thank Haiku for recognizing my work so far. And here’s an update on what I worked on for the past few weeks.
I replaced all IconView with BButton, since it has built in functions for label, icon handling.
I worked on categorizing all preflets based on their categories, and sorted them into respective BBox.
Implemented Localization for the labels, BButton takes the localized app name, if there exists no localized name, takes up the default English app name.
Worked on Search functionality, Search now works with the keywords of the app names. Will extend this functionality to display according to the preflet’s related keywords too.
The search results update as the user type their query, and the preflet is highlighted with a color too.
Here’s a GIF on how SuperPrefs is as of now:
Currently am working on the Settings menu, which includes Sort as Category, and Sort Alphabetically. Now that Category wise implementation is done, I’m working on providing Alphabetical wise sorting option.
- Implement Search functionality for related keywords too.
- An alternative to hardcoded preflet categories.
- Suggestions are welcome.
Up-to-date code is available at the repository: AnirudhMurali/SuperPrefs.
That’s it for now. Thank you for reading. 😄
- Haiku to mentor 3 interns in Outreachy and GSoC
- Introducing myself gsoc 2019
- [GSoC 2019] Improving the btrfs filesystem
- Haiku monthly activity report - 03 and 04/2019
- NVMe Driver Now Available
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 11/2018