- Hello from the new Haiku website!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2016
- UEFI Progress Update
- Haiku monthly activity report - November 2016
- A little report on Capitole du Libre
- Haiku monthly activity report - October 2016
- Haiku monthly activity report - September 2016
- Haiku monthly activity report - August 2016
- Tales of a Video Editor #2
- Site issues / Potential upgrade
TeX Live and LyX; Changes to the boot code
As of hrev49248, TeX Live 2014 and LyX 2.1.3 have been added to the Haiku Ports repository!
A word of warning: TeX Live is a mammoth 823MB package, and LyX, whilst not massive, is another 20MB or so. These will undoubtedly take some time to download for installation. Also, upon first launch of LyX, it will appear to not open any windows. This is normal, as LyX is generating a whole bunch of data it needs, which will be stored at ~/config/settings/lyx. Subsequent launches of LyX should be fairly quick.
Another update is better support for installing to GPT partitions. This includes changes to
writembr, and the anyboot images as of hrev49242. These changes will allow you to install and boot Haiku on a GPT partitioned disk without any hacks or workarounds (e.g. no need for icky hybrid MBRs).
Many thanks goes out to Anarchos, who did the initial work on a TeX Live recipe; and also to Adrien and Ingo who helped me figure out all my issues with my Jamfiles!