UEFI Progress Update
As some may have noticed, my UEFI branch got merged in November, purely by accident too! However, until now, we still haven't been able to boot to the desktop. Whilst still in development, the addition of a simple framebuffer driver and a crucial fix by Henry (https://github.com/froggey/) has enabled Haiku to now boot all the way to the desktop using QEMU.
There is still a need to add support for serial debugging, and expanding the disk system support; but, with a few minor tweaks, a test build has even managed to boot all the way to the desktop on my Macbook Air. Unfortunately, Haiku then promptly freezes, hence the need for serial debugging. But we're edging closer to UEFI support on actual hardware. We may even manage to squeeze it into the upcoming beta release *fingers crossed*
- NVMe Driver Now Available
- Most long-standing XHCI (USB 3.0+) issues resolved!
- Haiku monthly activity report - 02/2019
- Haiku monthly activity report, January 2019
- Haiku monthly activity report - 12/2018
- Haiku monthly activity report - 11/2018
- Haiku R1/beta1 in Vagrant
- Report of BeGeistert 031 in Hamburg
- Partial Outage
- Haiku monthly activity report, September/October 2018