Haikuware Donates $10,000 to Haiku!!!
This financial contribution will be used to guarantee that funds for the first six months of Michael's contract are 100% secured. Additionally, it will provide a significant head start on being able to renew the contract for 6 more months.
Here's a breakdown of Haiku, Inc.'s finances. (The numbers are rounded for presentation)
- $25,000 in available funds.
- plus $4,000 from Google Summer of Code 2011
- minus $3,000 for Ingo's contract
- minus $16,500 for Michael's first 6 months
- = $9,500 available cash, after the above transactions
In order to finance a second 6-month contract, $8,000 is the absolute rock-bottom, bare-bones, minimum that needs to be raised. However, raising another $10,000 will provide a small cushion to account for unexpected costs.
If need be, a specific fundraiser could be held halfway through Michael's first contract.
The gears are now in motion. Can you provide the traction to keep this moving forward?
- Haiku, Inc. has hired an existing contributor to work on Haiku full-time!
- 20 Years of Haiku
- Media Release: The Haiku Project Celebrates the Release of Beta 3
- Haiku R1/Beta3 Timeline Update
- Haiku, Inc. sponsoring hardware purchases for RISC-V port
- Important Change Required for Haiku Nightly and R1/Beta2 Users
- Haiku R1/Beta3 Timeline Approved
- Haiku's IRC channels are moving to OFTC!
- Haiku to mentor 4 students in Google Summer of Code 2021
- System Sounds Contest Wrap-up