This Saturday, the 28th of February, the software that powers the website, Drupal and 47 (!) modules, have been upgraded to the Drupal 5 platform. This upgrade creates the foundation to continue to improve the functionality and information on our website, as the demands change, also in the face of the upcoming Alpha 1 release.
While the upgrade team has concluded that most of the data migrated smoothly, there are some rough edges. Most notably, the data of the conferences did not migrate properly, and as such, we are now in the process of reconstructing the conference module. Please read on for a more detailed list of issues. Naturally we expect some more minor issues popping up. If you find any one of them, please check out the list below, and if the issue is not there, drop a comment!
The known issues are the following:
- The conference functionality has disappeared.
- Pages like the about page show authoring information, while it did not used to.
- The OSNews and Slashdot icons are missing from the teasers
- The Read more link needs some styling.
- The image system needs an overhaul.
- The legacy docs need to be restored. Reported by adek336
- The lay-out underperforms on wide screens. Reported by kallisti5.
- The new image gallery (thanks Remi!) has a wrong reference to certain paths
- Updated copyright notices (meta tags and footer)
- Changed "Haiku Screenshot Tour" under the "Learn More" block in the About page to point to the new gallery.
Drop a comment if there is more. We did not thoroughly test the functionality with the different permission groups. Is anything not working, while it used to work? Drop a line!