Launch sequence initialized! R1 Alpha 2 countdown in T minus ...
Over the weekend, an official commitment to enter the release cycle mode has been made for a tentative release date of May 10th! In the seven months since the release of R1 Alpha 1, there has been numerous improvements to Haiku, with over 300 reported issues with R1 Alpha 1 fixed.
With unanimous support from the developers, Ingo Weinhold has stepped up as the acting release coordinator, with offers of support from Niels Reedijk. Already, a development branch has been made and Haiku Files has been updated to serve pre-release nightly images of r1alpha2 for testing purposes. We encourage all of you to help out by testing these images and reporting any regressions in stability or other issues.
In addition to testing, numerous other tasks need volunteers. These include coordinating mirrors and distribution via torrent files; reviewing the various documentation for improvements or inaccuracies: Building Haiku Guide, User Guide, Welcome Page; improving the localization of applications.
- Haiku mentors once more in Google's Code-In
- Media Kit Contract Underway
- WLAN Master Thesis Published
- Haiku's GCI 2015 winners
- Google Code-In 2015 now in progress
- Haiku, Inc. board of director elections complete
- Analysis of Haiku Operating System (BeOS Family) by PVS-Studio
- Haiku at VALS' second Semester of Code
- Google's Code-In in progress
- Haiku at VALS' Semester of Code